Beed – District
Beed:- The ancient name of Beed was Champavati nagar. This historical city is situated on the bank of the Bindusara river. This city is surrounded by various historical places. In the south east there is an old historical temple of “Lord Shiva “ Which is known as Papneshwar. This ancient temple is deep in the ground having shivpind. The waterfalls constantly on Shivpind by the side of the temple there is square shaped well which is full of water.
In the East of the city Beed there is an ancient temple of lord Mahadeo. Named Kankaleshwar It is the master piece of scuipture. It attracts the superlative praise from sculpture This historial temple is surrounded by water. It looks magnificent. In the East of this Temple there is a temple of Khandeshwari built by Ahilyabai Holkar. Every year dashhara is celebrated very enthusiastically in the temple.
The Khandoba temple rises on the hill in front of khandeshwari temple. It is constructed in he madpanthi style. In front of the temple are a couple of very high structures called Deep malas about 100 to 200 ft. high and visible from 5 to 10 kilometres distance. They attract the attention of visitors. There is Hanuman temple beside Khandeshwari temple. In the same area there are three famous as well as historical wells known as Baravas.
Every today people drink water from these wells In the East of Khandoba temple there is another well known as mother in law and daughter in law barava. The wonder is that water tests salty in mother as water tests salty in mother in laws section thoughAA there is no wall sepating the water.
Jata Shankar temple is situated in the heart of the town. It is said that when prabhu ramchandra was helplessly wandering in search of sita. He found Jataya bird in wounded condition. The bird tried to release sita from the custoday of Lankapati Ravana who fatally wounded the bird. The bird told Rama the story of sitas Kidnapping and the bird died at the feet of rama. Then prabhu ramchandra did funeral and establishment Jata shankar Near Jatn shankar temple there is famon and Ganesh temple.
In peth Beed area there is omni potent shani dev temple Shahenshahwali dargat Khajana bavdi Bendsura project Yuva shanty van Bndsura project ( Manjari ) swami samarth temple
2) Parli vaijinath :- The God Vaijinath is one of the twelve jyotirlingas in parli it is a very sacred as well as historisel place. Queen ahilyabai holkar reconstructed it in stone. At the entrance of the temple the grand entrance construction attracts attention of visitors. Around the temple there are three Kundas. Vaijinath is the fifth jyotirlingas in twelve most auspicious mahadeos temple called as Jyotirlingas rajasthani Balaji temple in gopuram style Shani temple are the other famous temples in Parli.
3) Yogeshwari temple Ambejogai :- There are three and half very effective and desire fulfilling places of Goddess. Goddess Yogeshwari is one of them. This historical temple is built in ancient time. Ambejogai is native place of Mukand Raj who wrote ‘ Vivek Sandhu’ and showed ‘Brahma’ on his palm. This town is famous for Da sopantas ‘Pa Sodi’ another great poet from the District with an enormous poetic creation.
4) Dev Dahiphal:- It is sacred place of Lord Khandobe who faufills desires of his worshipers.
5) Rakshbhuvan (Shani Dev):- On the bank Godawari river there is an ancient temple of shani Maharaj. It is one of the holy places of Shani which is one of three and half holy places of god Shani on the occasion Shani amavashya thousands of people come from Maharashtra and other States of India to take the blessings of Shani Maharaj . Apart from this there a holy temple of Panchaleshwar. The god of Mahanubhava sect. It is cultural center for them. It is believed that the God Dattatraya takes his lunch everyday hene.
6) Kapildhar:- Kapildhar is famous because of Manmath Swami’s Samadhi. It is deity of Lingayat sect. There is a lovely water fall. Manmath Swami wrote in Marathi and placed himself in Marathi literature He described many Abhanjas and Astang Acharan very skillfully.
7) Chakarwadi:- In Chakarwadi there is a samadhi, the barial place of great Saint Dnyaneshwar Mauli. Mauli was born in Uttreshwar Pimpri and wlrked ofr the people there. He had got the btessings of Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman. On the occasion of every Amavashya many people visit the place for mauli’s blessing.
8) Bankat Swami Temple:- Benkat Swami temple is situated in Neknoor. He was a great saint.
9) Ashvalinga Temple:- Ashvalinga temple is situated in Pimplewadi. There is also Kartikaya Swami’s temple. The unique feature is that only on Kartika Poornima an Kartika Nakshatra women are allowed to have his Darshana.
10) Gahininath God:- There is a samadhi of Gahininath Maharaj who was one of the Navnaths.
11) Shri Kshetra Macchindranath God:- It is the resting place of Macchindranath who was one of the Navnatha.
12) Dargah (Neknoor):- Dargah is a holy place ofr muslim community.
13) Nagnath Teimle(Manur):- There is an ancient temple of Lord Shankara. It is said that it is the native place of Babruvahan, the son Arjuna. It is a place where deathless Ashwathama was wandering for ever.
14) Gorakshanath Temple:- It is a famous holy place situated on the high hill. There is a temple of Lord Mahadeo and Samadhi place of Gorakshanath. It is said that Gorakshnath threw golden brick on that hill and the temple was built there. The natural surrounding of that area is attractive in Monsoon.
15) Shri Kshetra Narayan God:- It is a holy famous place because a linga appears automatically after every 12 years. The present holy place is known as ‘Dhakti Pandhari’. This place is situated on hill. Many legends are told about the meditation of Rhshimuni. The first person Narayan Maharaj used to attend Pandhri’s wari and prayed God Pandurang. The Lord Pandurang was well pleased with him so Lord Pandurang came personally to Narayan God. The orginal old idols of Lord Vitthal Rhkhamini are seen here. Shri Narayan baba constructed the large area of Narayan God.
16) Pohicha Dev:- It is a famous place among Mahanubhav people for omni-potent Lord Datta’s temple. This famous holy place is situated on high hills. The carving of the temple attracts the attention of the visitors. It is said to be the place of Walva Koli, the creator of the Ramayan efic. It is said that Shri Chakaradhar Swami, the founder of Mahanubhav sect visited that place.
17) Jarud:- An ancient temple of Lord Khandoba and Lord Mahadeo.
18) Beteshwar Temple:- It is an ancient temple of Lord Mahedeo.
19) Anand Gadh:- It is a place of Samadhi of Anand Maharaj.
20) Limbaganesh:- This village is famous because of ancient temple of Lord Ganpati.
21) Naigaon:- At Naigaon there is pecock sanctuary. It is situated in Balaghat range. It is a place of natural beauty.
22) Navagan Rajuri:- It is ten minutes drive from Beed on Beed-Nagar road in the west. It is famous holy place for Lord Navagan Ganpati temple. The sptendor idole of Lord Siddh Ganesh having four headsin four directions is the greatest attraction of the place.
23) Soutada:- This village is famous because of the biggest water fall in District. Many visitors come to visit the place in the month of ‘Shravana’ . There is a Mahadeva Temple. Near the water fan there lies Rameshwar Cave.
24) Bhagwan Gadh:- Bhagwan Gadh is welknown because of ascetic saint Bhagwan Baba, who studed Dayashwari and used its knowledge for the welfare of common people. He delivered sermons and kirtanas to make people well balanced throughout his life. There is Samadhi of Bhagwan Baba. Bhimsingh Baba was his disciple who worked after Bhagwan Baba. Bhagwan Baba’s life was spent at Narayar Gadh but in the last years of life he Shifted to Dhonya Gadh which after his death is called Bhagwan Gadh.
25) Namalgaon:- It is an ancient famous village because of Lord Ganesha’s Temple. The Ashapurak Ganesh is one of the 21 Ganesh’s holy placer. Present temple shows traditional heritage of our culture. There is a union of the rivers Karpara, Bendsura and Narmada. Besides this there is a water tank. The people who suffer from leprocy took bath in the tank and are supposed to get relief. The standing idol of Lord Ganesh in the temple is very attractive.
26) Sidhawad:- In the East of Namalgaon there is a temple of Shri Kolhapurwasini Laxmidevi shows cultural heritage. In the west of temple there is a ‘wad’ (banyan) tree. Because of this tree the name of the place was giver Siddhawad. Later on the name of this village is changed to Sidod.
27) Kille Dharur:- The fort in Dharur was suit in the ruling of Adilshah. The fort is constructed on the hill surrounded by vallies. The fortification rises 10 meters high. Now a days, there are some ruins, yet the fort attracts the praise from visitors.
28) Purushottam Puri:- At Purushottam Puri the bricks the remains of the temple still float on water. In ‘Adhike Mas’ the additional Hindu month,thousands of people visit the place.
In Gangamasala near Mahalgaon the rock in the middle of the river Godawari has